Lafayette Christian School (LCS) is a member of GICAA and competes in the following sports:
- Girls- Volleyball, Cross-Country, Cheerleading, Basketball, Soccer, Archery, Golf
- Boys- Football, Basketball, Cross-Country, Soccer, Archery, Golf, and (starting spring 2017) Baseball
Homeschoolers are invited to try-out. Students enrolled at LCS are given priority registration for sports, so spaces are limited, but WGHSA has long enjoyed a long relationship partnering with LCS in sports and many of our students have benefitted from our arrangement.
Documents and fees that homeschool athletes must submit and pay in order to participate in LCS athletics:
- report card
- birth certificate
- physical (one per calendar year)
- copy of health insurance card
- participate in Booster Club Fundraiser (ex: sell a $40 fall sports program ad)
- $230 registration fee and enrollment fee (HS students are enrolled as Alternate Education Students-AES) This allows them to access the online school system with calendar, resources, etc.
- athletic fee ($150 for most JV and Varsity sports, $100 for most middle school sports *Football is more*)
- 20 hours parent volunteer time
Please contact LCS Athletic Director, Nick Nehring, at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in a particular sport.