Statement of Purpose and Philosophy
The purpose of WGHSA is to inform, inspire, encourage, and edify Christian educating families. The sole purpose of WGHSA is to provide support with a spiritual dimension to Christians that are home educating.
It is understood that WGHSA does not monitor the progress of the students. It is each parent’s responsibility to educate. Any advice, opinions, or suggestions given are just that—advice, opinion, and suggestion. WGHSA is not liable. WGHSA is a home educators’ support group designed to encourage and utilize the participation of its members.
Statement of Faith
• We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative, and inerrant Word of God. 2 Tim 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Revelation 22:18-19
• There is only one God eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. God is the only Creator. John 1:1-2, John 1:14, John 1:18, John 10:29-30, John 17:22, Dt 6:4, 1 John 5:7 (NKJ)
• Jesus Christ was God in human flesh, being fully God and fully man but without sin. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, suffered a vicarious and atoning death, was bodily resurrected, ascended to the right hand of God the Father, and will return personally in power and glory. 1 Tim 2:5-6, Luke 1:31, Heb 2:17, Heb 7:26, Heb 9:28, Matt 27:46, Phil 2:8, 1 Cor 15:4
• Salvation is offered as a gift. We are saved by trusting the shed blood of Jesus Christ and turning from our sinful ways, believing and receiving Him as our Lord and Savior. We are saved by grace through faith. John 1:12-13, Ezek 36:26, John 6:44, Eph 2:8-9, Eph 1:7, 2 Cor 5:21, Rom 5:19, Gal 2:16
• God desires all members of His body to dwell in unity with each other regardless of race, gender, social, economic, or denominational differences. Matt 22:37-39, Rom 12:10, Rom 13:8, Ps 67:1-2
• Children are precious and a direct blessing from God. Prov. 22:6, Deut. 11:18-21
• To agree with and sign the WGHSA Statement of Faith 2015-2016
• Agree to educate your child(ren) in accordance with your state’s regulations in a loving atmosphere and to diligently strive to develop within them outstanding character qualities as well as upholding excellence in education.
• Not to be involved in any activity that would reflect negatively on WGHSA.
• To uphold and live a Biblical family lifestyle with high moral standards.
• Agree to use the membership roster for home support purposes only. Giving out names and numbers of members without permission is a breach of trust.
In the past we have offered activities such as:
- Mom’s Monthly Support Meetings
- Field Trips
- International Festival
- Science Fair
- Spotlight Night
- Field Day
- Teen Groups
- Used Book Sale
- Business Expo
- Art Show
- National History Day
- Yard Sale
- Co-op Classes
Members receive a user name and password for full access to our website. For safety, the parts of our website with personal information and location details about our group and members are password protected.